Thursday 11 April 2013

Homage or just plain lazy?

Bonds have been responsible for some of Australia's nicest advertising over the last few years.

Cheeky. Silly. Fun. Loveable. Sexy.

These are the sort of words that come to mind when I think about the Bonds ads I've seen on TV.

With their entry into the UK market I was expecting big things from Bonds.

What I (or should I say we) got is a blatant rip-off of the legendary Hello Boys poster for Wonderbra.

It was created by TBWA-London who also created Hello Boys.

Client and agency have been quoted as saying "The result is clever, confident and an ad that doesn't take itself too seriously".

Not sure I'd agree with them. In fact I think it's lazy. But hey what would I know?

What I do know though is the photo of Eva Herzigova is a million times better than the Bonds photo.