Wednesday 22 August 2012

Mary had a little what?


The Australian media is currently awash with ads for the new lamb burger from McDonalds.

The TV spots feature Sam Kekovich which is a smart move as he's well known as the Lamb Ambassador down under.

What's not so smart I think is the Mary had a little lamb poster I drive past on the Nepean Hwy every morning.

Sure it caught my eye.

But seriously. How many kids have seen that ad and done a double take?

Yes it's funny. Well kinda.

However I very much doubt that the little folk who flock to McDonalds for Happy Meals will be happy to have their cute 'n cuddly nursery rhymes linked with their lunch.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

But given my wife and both my kids thought the exact same thing when they saw the billboard I suspect not.