Tuesday 10 August 2010

Please look away


As anyone who has ever worked with me will tell you I hate borrowed interest in advertising.

And I'm sorry but surely this poster for a new Reebok shoe is totally borrowed interest.

I don't care what the product benefit is I just can't see why the brand needs to stoop to bloody great posters of a naked Kelly Brook.

Of course Britain's Daily Mail doesn't have a problem with borrowed interest but they do have a big problem with Kelly baring her bits.

They claimed that "Kelly's 'killer curves' are certain to cause serious or possibly even fatal accidents as excited male drivers crane their necks for a close look."

Which is probably true to be honest. But I'd much rather they called for a ban on the ad because of borrowed interest rather than public safety.