Monday 7 July 2008

A letter from who?


Had an interesting little 'chat' at work today.

I was working on a charming little direct mail piece which was to include a small note that would appear hand written.

Given the personal nature of the letter I wanted the head of the company to be the signatory.

However in the brief the marketing manager was listed as signatory.

As you can imagine I argued against this, on the grounds that the note would look more like a sales piece than a personal note if it was signed by someone from marketing.

Suffice to say I got my way.

Any animosity during that 'chat' will be long forgotten by the time the pack is produced but the actual job will hopefully be remembered for some time to come.

Which is why it's always worth fighting the fight if you truly believe in something.